September Membership Update
Family Scouting is alive and STRONG in our Northern Star Scouting programs!
A “Scoutlook on Life” is our NEW fall recruitment campaign theme
A new campaign is well underway for the Fall Recruitment Campaign,
which is September 19 – and the theme is: A Scoutlook on Life!
We all know that Scouts, Scouters, and Scouting families look at
what life has to offer differently. Challenges are accepted, confidence
is stronger, relationships are built, teams are formed.
With the new campaign theme, we have MANY new marketing resources:
- fliers, posters, stickers, mailers, yard signs, banners and more.
- We will still have wristbands and portable archery ranges.
- Marketing will again be on radio, Facebook, Facebook ads, in newspapers, and more.
- Trainings have already been taking place. If you have not been able
to attend a training, visit: www.JoinCubs.org and use the leader resources
are to find an online training opportunity and resources available in the fall.
- This year, we will again have a campaign to promote us via a geo-farming and
geo-fencing marketing methods. This year we will be partnering with the
National BSA office on this effort.
- Materials including applications, FREE Fall Day Camp vouchers and the FREE glow
in the dark Cub Scout t-shirts have been going out to all packs at August Roundtable
meetings – this should help all packs recruit families sooner and provide recognition items right away.
- Pack leaders are asked to attend their District SNFS turn-in site that night,
Thursday, September 19, after youth and adult applications have been collected.
Turning these applications in that night is essential for Northern Star Scouting to get them entered for you.
ALSO – to recognize units which turn in their application according to plan, every pack who turns
in their applications that night will receive 10 tickets to Crayola Experience – which are valid through 12/31/2019.